1. How does the Google Maps Business View program help my Business? When potential customers search for your business by name on Google, they will see the images displayed directly on the search results page. These panoramic images will also be published on Google Places page, Google Maps and other Google properties and give customers a better sense of the layout, decor and beauty of your business interior. Using easy-to-use html snippets or Maps APIs, you can also link to these images from your own business website, attracting potential customers who visit your website too.
2. Why are businesses being photographed and how can I see the pictures? Google Trusted Photographers and photographers from Trusted Agencies are taking high-quality still photographs that will be stitched into 360-degree views using panoramic camera technology. These Trusted Photographers are independent contractors who have been trained and certified by Google to produce high quality panoramic images.
3. What will the Trusted Photographer do that I can't do myself? Google Trusted Photographers are trained to take high quality photos of building interiors, accommodating for common challenges such as low lighting and tight spaces. The photographs are professional high resolution quality that once uploaded to Google’s processing pipelines will be transformed into 360-degree panoramic imagery and a walk through of your business. Once photographers upload the pictures from their cameras, Google’s processing pipelines use sophisticated image stitching, HDR, image matching and other technologies to produce these panoramic walkthroughs.
4. What is the relationship between a Trusted Photographer and Google? Trusted Photographers are independent contractors trained by Google to provide the Google Maps Business View Service. Google has certified them because they meet Google’s standards of quality for taking the feature pictures and panoramic pictures, uploading them, moderating them and eventually publishing them on Google properties.
5. How long will the photo shoot take? For example, for a micro or small business, a photo shoot will take about an hour, but this varies depending on the size of your business.
6. Will the photo shoot disrupt my business operations? We know you’re running a business, and that’s why we designed photo shoots to be as non-disruptive as possible. Trusted Photographers will work around your schedule to ensure that photos are taken at a convenient time for you and your business. Photo shoots do not require any sort of special equipment, lighting, or setup, so you are free to stay open. Although photo shoots are non-disruptive and will not interfere with your normal business operations, it’s a good idea to let your customers know photography is in process and to accommodate any persons objecting to being photographed. By Google policy, those persons who are in the photography, the faces will be blurred out.
7. Can I embed these images on my business website? Yes, we encourage you to share the walk-through experience of your business with your customers. So, feel free to embed the 360-degree panoramas on your website and share with all your current customers. If you’re looking for even more customizability with your images, check out the Google Maps API.
8. Can I have a repeat photo shoot? Yes, you are welcome to engage with a Trusted Photographer and coordinate a repeat shoot as often as you’d like, but it is up to the individual Trusted Photographer to decide the cost. Many businesses who have recently renovated their interiors or that have seasonal decor will request a reshoot.